Thursday, December 02, 2004

he said what?

fun story of the day...
ok, actually this happened yesterday. every wednesday i go to teach at kanda technical high school and i get a ride from osawa sensei. on the drive over (about 15 minutes), we talk about what we did over the weekend, and he tells me stuff like what his 2 kids are doing in school, or how his wife always makes him take out the garbage and wash the dishes again. he's a really nice guy, very polite and gentleman-ly.
anyway, so we're driving to school and we pass this truck-- looks like a mini oil tank truck, like the kind that transports gasoline. it's parked by the side of the road and the driver is leaning against the side smoking. i was thinking, it's not good to smoke around flammable gas or liquid right? so i said, "oh, i don't know if smoking around that truck is a good idea..." and osawa sensei looks at it and says, "it's ok. do you know what that kind of truck is for? it comes to your house to collect some... what do you call?... it collects some shit from your house." yeah, that's what he said exactly! it took me a while to register what he said and in my head i was like "ha-la! you said a bad word!" but he just said it like it was nothing! i guess no one told him it was a bad word.... i didn't... but anyway, lots of older houses in japan don't have flushing toilets so that was the truck that comes over to collect.. umm... you-know.. from those houses.

hope that made you smile... i know some people are having a tough week. hang in there!

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I wonder what his favorite crapola color is. :) Sometimes I see septic tank trucks driving around and I think to myself, "man, I would hate to get into an accient with that truck!" *knock on wood* I wonder how much you get paid to drive around those hazardous materials. Not enough I'm sure...

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home