Better luck tomorrow?

I went to get my license replaced today. This proves that I may in fact be an actual idiot. After waiting in line for about 30 minutes, I observed a sign that posted the fees for getting a license. Me, being the epitomic moron that I am, didn’t even think about these fees, and had no cash on me.
Not only did I not have any cash, but no credit cards either. You see, all my cash and credit cards were stolen yesterday, and the banks won’t let me withdraw money without proper identification. I can’t get the proper identification because I can’t get money from any of my accounts.
Awesome right? I go home, because I have a huge bottle filled with coins that I contribute to various charities once a month, and I figure they’ll understand, and I’ll replenish my future charity contributions once I can access my accounts again. I grab about $20 in quarters, and on my way towards the freeway I hear a scraping sound. I think that maybe one of my tires fell off or I have a flat, even if the car was still in equilibrium, only to find what you see in the picture above.
When I return home with my now-broken car, I check the answering machine to hear this: “I’m sorry, but your application for a small business loan has been declined.”
That’s right. Today is awesome. Oh, would you look at the time? It’s time for me to cry in a corner and throw a tantrum.
I know this isn’t the worse of things that could happen to me, and I’m extremely grateful of the things I do have.
I think about the people that stole and used my credit cards to buy food. What were their lives like? It’s easy for me to think of them as completely obtuse assholes of evil, however, working with emotionally and physically abused teens has taught me a great amount in the way that people move through this world. It’s a perpetual cycle of hurting and deprivation that humanity tends to carry on from one generation to the next, and I have no doubt that the people who stole from me were themselves victims of something completely heinous and undeserving. Of course, I’ll still press charges, but at the same time I can’t help but think that there should be a better solution to stop this detriment of love and humanity.
In the end, I should be glad of the opportunities and futile objects I’ve been privy to enjoy in this life. At least I had a car to get broken into, a wallet to steal, credit cards to have abused, a license to replace, an ipod to miss, and a home to comfort me. I need a hug.
1 Comments:
man, that sucks!!! sorry to hear about your loan :(
*HUG*!!!!!!!!!!
5:19 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home